Solutions Architect - Azure (.NET)
As the Solutions Architect you will be someone with leadership qualities who proactively seeks effective approaches to tasks and problems.
As the Solutions Architect you will be someone with leadership qualities who proactively seeks effective approaches to tasks and problems and sets a high professional standard for themselves and others. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills along with enterprise experience building and architecting projects that consist of cloud PaaS and IaaS offerings.
As a Solutions Architect within our Digital Practice, you will engage with our clients to provide technical expertise and be responsible for architecting high quality, complex cross-product cloud solutions.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be a team player, who can inspire the team and create a fun and exciting work environment
- Engage with clients and our partners to define and develop solutions to realise strategic benefits for our clients
- Have broad knowledge and understanding of information systems architectures, technical infrastructure architectures and emerging cloud-based service, and feel comfortable providing thought leadership in this space
- Keep abreast of key IT industry trends and determine if and how they can help solve our customer problems
- Provide technical thought-leadership and presales expertise to support sales teams to position complex solutions that drive business value
- Understand our clients’ business drivers, goals and desired outcomes from technology solutions
- Provide detailed technical explanations and mentorship to architects and developers, while also being able to clearly articulate complex solutions to non-technical clients and stakeholders
Skills and experience
- An infectious, positive, can-do attitude and driven to continually improve
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a solutions architecture
- A background of 5+ years in software development (.Net preferable), and are comfortable on the tools when the need arises
- Experience architecting enterprise-level solutions ranging from, Digital transformations to Architecting with Legacy systems (with an eye to modernise)
- Comfortable creating technical and business focussed documentation, diagrams, presentations and more
- Experience engaging in technical pre-sales, including tender responses and estimations would be beneficial
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and / or industry certification & experience
- Have knowledge of Agile project management and delivery methods
- You are experienced with modern architectural frameworks like TOGAF (certifications would be beneficial)
- Utilities experience would be beneficial
Established in 1999, Empired helps organisations across Australasia to transform, thrive and stay relevant as digital businesses in an ever-changing world. Using technology as the enabler, we assist businesses to engage customers, increase efficiency, improve productivity and achieve competitive advantage.
With offices in major cities across Australia and New Zealand, as well as having a Seattle-based team close to the Microsoft mothership in Redmond, we strive to be the best regional ICT Service provider of choice for our clients and partners.
We recognise that our people and our customers are our greatest assets, and we work to ensure that we engage in meaningful ways to provide benefit to both. We invest in local people and partnerships; our strengths are built on having a culture of innovation and thought leadership and a great team of professionals that know the local market and are confident advisors whilst being great listeners.
Apply for this position