Become part of a global IT consultancy and join us as our new Server Engineer
Who are we?
Empired is an Australian-owned and headquartered digital services provider with the breadth and depth to enable mid to large sized enterprises to tap into tomorrow’s advantage today.
Empired helps organisations across Australasia to transform, thrive and stay relevant as digital businesses in an ever-changing world. Using technology as the enabler, we assist businesses to engage customers, increase efficiency, improve productivity and achieve competitive advantage.
Empired's Data and Cloud Services team are looking for a UNIX Systems Engineer to join our successful practice in Perth. You'll be working within a varied, complex project role with one of Empired's valued customers, working with an accomplished team in a collaborative atmosphere.
What would we like to see from you?
- A demonstrated background in a similar consulting environment
- 3-5 years’ experience as a UNIX Engineer
- Experience working on large enterprise accounts
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Be a team player, enjoy working with technology and deliver quality outcomes
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in engineering and administration of UNIX environment
- Minimum RHSA Certification or equivalent Oracle Linux
- Solaris Experience including AI & IPS is desirable
- Docker and Kubernetes would be highly advantageous
- Scripting skills in KSH & Perl, Python & C++
- Excellent knowledge and support for Middleware in enterprise level environments is essential
- An understanding of UNIX concepts to include performance considerations of each subsystem as well as the APIs used to access those subsystems
- Mdb, DTrace, and snoop / tcpdump should look familiar to you
- Knowledge of a configuration management system (cfengine, puppet, chef) a plus.
- Prior experience providing suggestions for system and process improvement
- UNIX based system administration skills
- Knowledge in configuration management
- Experience with automation and creating Ansible playbooks
- Strong scripting skills and experience designing and writing automation using languages such as Python, Perl, Java and PowerShell
- Understanding of operating systems, application security configurations, and best practices in Windows and UNIX environments
- Knowledge of Windows OS and VMware technology
- Ability to analyse business requirements and technical design documents
- Technical analysis and trouble shooting skills
- Unix operations experience within an enterprise environment
- Experience with automation tools
Keen? Apply online now and we will take it from there!
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not a condition of employment at Empired/Intergen, however, please note that in some instances we are obligated to adhere to our client’s request to provide proof of vaccination status before entry to their sites. This project/role will be required to attend our client’s sites.
Empired and Intergen are committed to considering all applications for employment from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race or skin colour, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, family or carer’s responsibility, pregnancy, religion or political opinion, or national origin
Apply for this position